DG12u—Undeclared Dangerous Goods
Subscriber price: $20.00, Non-subscriber price: $29.00
Estimated total study time: 1 hour 46 minutes
Perils of Undeclared ("Hidden") Dangerous Goods
In this lesson we address in considerable detail the importance for forwarders, truckers and others in cargo transportation to be able to recognize shipments which may contain undocumented ("hidden") dangerous goods, and improperly prepared dangerous goods shipments.
(Estimated study time: 57 minutes)
- Perils of Hidden (Undeclared) DG—A Triple Threat
- "Common Sense" Important but Not Enough to Recognize Problems
- Shipments and Situations of Heightened Concern Over Hidden DG
- Vague Cargo Descriptions
- Visible Indications on Packaging
- Indicative Types of Businesses, industries and/or Occupations
- Indicative Types of Shipments and Situations
- Added Risk Factors
Cargo Descriptions Indicative of Undeclared DG; Responsibilities and Actions to Take
(Estimated study time: 50 minutes)
- Specific Cargo Descriptions that Suggest Possible Undocumented Dangerous Goods (ICAO TI list)
- Responsibility for Inquiry as to Hidden (Undocumented) DG
- Responsibility for Inquiry as to Hidden DG (U.S.)
- What to Do If YOU Discover or Suspect a Shipment?
- Reject or Stop the Shipment!
- Confirmation of Contents with Shipper; Responses and Actions to Take
- Go-To Person for Help in Determining Possible Hidden Dangerous Goods